If you want to ensure the success of any event, meeting or conference, it’s essential to hire the right speaker, trainer or facilitator. How can you ensure that the speaker or trainer you hire will be effective and worthwhile for your group, and will make you look good?
One way is to look first to the professionals who are not only committed enough to become members of Asia Professional Speakers Singapore and develop themselves, but who also follow our Code of Professional Ethics.
Anyone can join APSS as an Associate Member and can blog on this site. Members with listings are Professional Members, Certified Speaking Professional and CSPGlobals.
Professional Members of APSS must meet a set of criteria that includes a demonstrated history of professionally paid speaking engagements.
Professional Members of APSS are subject matter experts who are adept at communicating with your audience. They work very hard to combine:
- Content that is relevant to your audience
- Context that is appropriate to your specific industry
- Delivery style and techniques that keep your audience energised and involved
The Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation is the speaking profession's international measure of professional platform skill.
An applicant for CSP is independently audited by an external agency. The audit evaluates five years of documented business practices including ethics, customer service, client ROI, financial review, and marketing. Applicants must present a minimum of 250 speaking engagements within this five-year period. Ratings from satisfied clients also play a significant part in choosing those who will receive the title. The CSP is awarded to professional speakers who meet all the criteria in this rigorous independent audit.
CSPGlobal is awarded by the Global Speakers Federation. Although the CSP is a measure of professional platform competence, it doesn’t specially focus on a speaker’s ability to successfully take their business across continents and cultures. This is where the CSPGlobal adds value. by recognizing some very specific global core competencies such as global communication, global business competency, global travel competency and global events competency which define the challenges and reality of doing business around the world. Of course, holding a CSP is the first criteria in applying for the CSPGlobal designation.
Here are six reasons why hiring a Professional Member, CSP or CSPGlobal will benefit you:
- A professional who earns his or her living speaking and training will bring the kind of wide experience that will make your event a success.
- Professional speakers, trainers and facilitators can provide references, sample materials and testimonials.
- Professionals will give you support material that lets you know what subjects they speak on and what types of programmes they deliver (workshops, keynote speeches, luncheon or dinner talks, etc.)
- Professionals will tailor their presentations to meet the particular needs of your group.
- Professionals know how to set up a room to give you the best advantage.
- Professionals stay within the time guidelines you require.
When you hire a Professional Member of Asia Professional Speakers Singapore, you are ensuring that you will get an expert who will provide a professional, engaging presentation. Most importantly, you can relax in the knowledge that you hired the best.